Wednesday 3 June 2015

You're A Star


Good morning crafty friends and welcome to my first post on my new blog which is a place where you'll find my Tonic makes..

The card I have for you today uses the beautiful Tonic Studios Star Layering die set. 

And ....





... here it is.

I created lots of dimension by scoring the stars from the tip pf each point, right the way across to the other side and I did this on all 5 points.
Then I simply valley and mountain folded the creases. 

I started with the largest die, skipped one, then used the next one, skipped the next and used the next one again,  if that makes sense.
They are ever so easy to do and they'd be fabulous for Christmas cards and projects.








I used the 2 smallest dies to make my background.
I cut several out and glues them randomly down onto a piece of card.
If you are doing this. you need to make sure that you go over the edges occasionally - it looks nicer if you do that  I think.

Then I ran a Nuvo Glue Pen around the outside of each star and sprinkled it with  Nuvo Pure Sheen Diamond Glitter. 






Do you like the little sparkler?
I nicked this idea from Jodie so I can't take the credit, but what a fabulous idea.

She used the new glue pen and just put a blob onto a glass craft mat then covered it with glitter.
A few minutes later, you have a gorgeous little embellishment that has cost you next to nothing to make and looks lovely.


Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you like my star card.
Hugs to all xxx


3 comments:

  1. I just love this card! It's so clean and fresh! Brilliant! :-)
    Hugs, Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I meant to ask! Is it possible to follow this blog please?! Thanks :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawny, I love this idea with the stars, thank you, Love Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete